This Palmtop is refurbished by a certified technician. You may find small signs of previous use.
Package contents: 200LX Palmtop, new backup and AA batteries, serial sync cable, 4MB PCMCIA card, case, User's Guide & Quick Start Guide, and PC in Your Pocket book.
If you are interested in a like-new unit, contact us for availability.
For extra accessories and knowledge products, you may go to our other site, http://palmtoppaper.com.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
HP 200LX Palmtop General Specifications
Dimensions:16 x 8.64 x 2.54cm (6.3" x 3.4" x 1") (e.g. really pocketsized!)
Weight:312g (11oz) with batteries
- MS DOS 5.0
- Pocket Quicken
- Lotus 1-2-3 release 2.4
- cc:mail Remote
- Data communicatons
- Appointment Book
- Phone Book
- HP Financial Calculator
- Memo Editor with Outliner
- World Time and Stopwatch
- Application Manager
- System Macros
- Setup Utility
And a near infinity of applications freely available at the SUPER site. Limitations are: Up to CGA graphics, and runs allmost all MS-DOS real mode applications.
Memory (as last sold by HP)
- 3 MB ROM
- 2 MB RAM (HP F1061A), 4 MB RAM (HP F1216A)
- But up to 96 MB versions sometimes available. (And some people have upgraded their lx's to 128MB, but that is a very major effort.)
- PCMCIA version 2.0 card slot
- Read and write to flash disk cards
Standard PC Architecture and Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- IBM PC architecture
- Intel 80 C186 CPU running at 7.91 Mhz
- Internal support for double speed, up to 16Mhz. Upgrades available at Thaddeus, Hermocom or 200lx.net available. Some 18 or 20Mhz upgrades are available using special crystals and drivers developed in Japan
- CGA-compatible FTN liquid crystal
- 80 columns by 25 rows, 640 x 200 pixels
- Zoom options
- Familiar QWERTY layout ( also other language layouts available!)
- Note: Spanish, French and German versions abound. But many other languages are inside natively supported! Czech, Hebrew, Russian etc. You'l need some 'rub-off ' lettering for your keyboard.
- Separate numeric keypad
- 10 function keys
- 8 software application access key
- Built-in 9 wire serial interface for connection to RS-232 devices
- Built-in infrared transmitter/receiver up to 115K bps for HP 200 LX to HP 200 LX and other wireless communications.
- Built-in printer driver supporting these serial printer types:HP Laserjet, Epson FX-80, IBM ProPrinter
- PCMCIA version 2.0 plug in card slot for running PC software and expanding I/O memory: optional disk card available
- (note: Native support up to 256MB cards, including Compact Flash with adapter. Larger cards supported with a driver)
- Optional HP F1021 B Connectivity Pack for file transfers between an HP 200 LX and a DOS compatible PC
- Two 1.5V AA main batteries
- One 3V CR2032 coin cell backup battery
- Optional 1.5V AA rechargeable batteries
- Note: Runs many days on NiMH rechargeable photo batteries. Use ABC/LX for charging these NiMH's)
- Optional adapter: HP F1011 A available in worldwide configurations for powering unit and recharging Ni Cd batteries
- Note: This is a ' negative tip' 12V .8A charger. Most standard chargers are 'positive tip' : Watch out for this.
- But most any 10-12 volt negative tip .8A or higher will do. (Preferably a switched power supply).
- Operating temperature 0º to 40ºC (32º to 104ºF)
- Storage temperature 0º to 60ºC (32º to 140ºF)
- Humidity :90% relative humidity 40ºC (104ºF ) maximum